How To Install Universal Fender Flares
Step-by-step Guide How To Install Universal Fender Flares
This guide is applicable to all models of our universal fender flares. All of the steps down below are also applicable to our widebody kits with one caveat – you’ll need to do mock-up fitments of ALL bodykit pieces before doing all the cutting or drilling.
1. Align the flare with the body and mark its positioning with a pencil or sharpie. This is one of the most important step. Please take your time to carefully align the flare over your fender or a quarter panel. We recommend having your wheel mounted on the car when doing this step – this will give you a visual of additional (negative) offset that you’ll need to come up with (either with wheel spacers or with a different set of wheels) as well as the amount of metal be cut away. Do NOT modify your flare with cutting and molding just yet.Leave ~ 1.5cm
2. Leave ~ 1.5cm from the line that you draw in Step 1 and draw another line (closer to the fenderquarter panel lip). Cut away your lip by following this newly-drawn line.
3. Very carefully bend the inner wheel arch with a rubber mallet to get it closer to the outer fender.
4. Cut away the inner wheel arch.
5. You will need to weld shut the inner wheel arch and apply corrosion-inhibiting coating (we recommend POR-15) along this new seamweld.
6. Align the flare against the fenderquarter panel again, this time affixing it in place with double-sided scotch tape.
7. Drill out the holes through the flares and fendersquarter panels.
8. Affix our fender flares with the bolts and rivnuts.